Monday, May 16, 2011

What is Natural Beauty???



For years I've searched for the answer to this question, what is natural beauty? is it being natural? Chemical free? Make up free? Weave free? Free of everything fake? I have the slightest clue. I've had a complex for many years about my own personal appearance that has caused me to have some self-esteem issues. I had to sit and look at myself in the mirror, nude to understand my natural beauty.

A man can take so much from you, for me this was the case of my ex. I never felt beautiful with him, and thank God that in my current relationship my spouse tells me I am beautiful, he embraces my curves and he helps me overcome my insecurities.

Natural Beauty to me is what you see every morning when you wake up and take a look in the mirror, or whether you step out that shower and take a slight peek at yourself nude and free. I've learned that Natural Beauty is loving me, flaws and all and finally I'm embracing ME!

1 comment:

  1. I totally agree with you Tesha and I admire your bravery to actually admit it because many women including myself suffer from the same self esteem issues whether derived from a relationship or heck even society. The world we live in today and people we encounter are extremely harsh and it's wonderful to be able to be able to escape the crude misconception of it all in a familiar face of a loved one.

    ReplyDelete